Proud To Be Local 12 is about to be underway Sunday May 27th and the Veteran MC Mista Scrap is hitting the stage one last time before putting the mic down so that he can tighten down business at statement records.
1. May 27th is proud to be local 12. I heard mention that this will be your last time on the stage as a rapper. What can we expect from you once you put the mic down and step off the stage? You can expect the same from me just more focused on on Being the C.E.O for Statement Records!!! And pushing my artist and staff to the top of the food chain!!!
2. What factored in to your decision to put the mic down? i have done so much when it comes to making music, this decision comes with my age and my passion to build Statement records into a Rostrum records category!!!! been doing this to long to not have the progression i have planned for this label!!! so it needs my business attention not my musical attention!!!
3. Many are saying pittsburghs music scene is about to blow, why get out now? I dont believe the scene is gonna blow, because 80% of the scene is overrated and they may have the talent but they lacc alot of other crudentials!!! everyone is already a star so there is no room for growth is how i see it , becus thats how they act!!
4. Looking back, what are some of the peak highlights of your life as a rapper? My peak highlight was recieving 1 of 50 men of excellence of Pittsburgh for Statement Records and Proud to be Local series. feels good to be acknowledge for what i started a long time ago!!!
5. what rappers have come and gone in your time in this scene that you feel should have had a chance to be “Next” as many claim but few see. Well i always feel tupac died to early for my purposes, but i believe sean carter, sean combs or russell simmons would been good for me to be next to becus i know that if they had the chance to meet me they would keep me!!!
6. Other than writing, rapping, and management, what does scrap like to do on his downtime? I love to coach my girls softball team and my youth football team!!! i love giving bacc to them and seeing them advance and become athletes and stars!!!! in 3 yeras from now ill be able to say that i have coached several young Men that are in the pros. they already doing well division 1 starters, s thats what i love most even more then music!! giving bacc is all i know!!
7. Any advice you can give to those thinking about getting involved in the underground hiphop scene? Watch ya self. its a business and dont include friends or family in the business, keep them as supporters and keep your business str8 business no personal favors or friendship its come bacc to bit ya in the ass at the end!!
8. I once heard you say “Hip-hop music is fabricated and no one is creative anymore and the music is watered down.” do you still feel this way? Yes i feel that way because every show im at they all sound the same , crappy and loud, there is a few stand outs but more crap then rap!!!
9. What is statement records and what kind of statement do you feel you are making? Statement Records is a real Independent Label that has artist ,production, staff and production team!!!. at Statement Records we provide the opportunity to our artist to show the world the talent they have. the STATEMENT im Making is that dreams come true but you have to work to make it reality!!My Statement is Music!!!!
10. POPGH stands for people of pittsburgh going hard. How do you feel you are going hard for your city? I GO HARD FOR PGH WITH OFFERING THEM A VENUE EVERY MONTH, WHEN MY COMPANY STEPS OUTSIDE OF PGH FOR BUSINESS WE LEAVE A MARK ON THE WORLD TO KNOW THAT WE HOLD THE BURGH DOWN, WHEN IT COMES TO MUSIC!!!! WILL BE ABLE TO GO EVEN HARDER NOW THAT IM SETTING THE MIC DOWN TO TAKE CARE OF THE REST OF THE UNGRINDED WORK!!!
THANKS FOR HAVING ME S/O TO MY WHOLE CITY, FAMILY, FRIENDS FANS AND the almighty jesus christ.